Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our 4th of July was on Fire!!!

We had family and friends over this year for 4th and it ended up being quite an exciting night. Our neighborhood always goes crazy with the fireworks which is great for us cause we get a free show and we don't have to leave the front yard! The guys also had a great time putting on their own show for us which I have to admit was pretty impressive. Well the guys where interrupted when someone smelled smoke and when we looked across the street we saw a HUGE fire! Ahhhhhh! I immediately ran in the house and called 911. Then as I was feeling like the hero of the neighborhood we all ventured over to see the damage. As the FIVE (yes 5) Fire trucks pulled up we realized that it was just a grass fire in their backyard and the first firemen put it out pretty quickly by them self. Oh-and the homeowners could care less about their house, all they kept saying was "heck it's insured for 250,000 - let it burn!" while they gave out margaritas to everyone. Ha-Ha gotta love the neighbors!



Here is a picture of the fire... This was as close as I was willing to get!


Miss Carly Jo with some crazy hair!

The boys planning the show.

Eathen enjoying a sparkler

The fireworks where hurting Eathen's ears so I brought him out some "magic" earphones. They worked like a charm!

I love this picture

Momma Jan & Pops relaxin'

No comments: