Friday, October 17, 2008

Is it my turn? How bout now? What about now?

Well so far this month I have found out that 2 of my girlfriends are newly pregnant. Congrats to Lori and Lindsay!!! I am very happy for them but of course I do find myself wishing it where me! I do try to keep positive by thinking that it’s a great thing they are pregnant before me because that means lots of great hand-me-downs!

We are back on the baby making train this month! It was a nice three months off not having to think about Dr’s visits or shots or tests and the list goes on… But wholly cow!!! This month has beaten me down. The meds have made me sicker then a dog, every day it takes everything in me to be able to get out of bed and go to work then I have to make myself stay there. I have had doctor’s visits every three days for sonograms and blood work so right now my arms look like I am a druggy which I am sure is what all my coworkers think since I have been feeling so bad lately and not my usual “cheerful” self. My most recent visit was yesterday and nurse informed me that nothing is looking good right now and my stubborn eggs are still to tiny to proceed with the IUI which is what we where hopping would be happening today. So I had to buy more meds and up my dosage of shots and we have an appointment on Sunday. We are going to a new doctor that is in Fort Worth so it has helped out on gas $$$ since it is very close to work.
Here is the breakdown of this months schedule so far:
October 6th – Started!!!
October 7th – 1st Dr’s appointment (sonogram to check for cysts, there was a small one so they did blood work to make sure that it was ok proceed with meds)
October 8th – Started meds
(Daily meds = Estradiol Valerate 2 times daily- used to prime, or thicken the uterine lining
Follistim Shot - 1 time daily helps to develop eggs in the ovaries
Prednisone - 1 time daily steroid
metformin 2 times daily - an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels
Prenate DHA – Prenatal vitamins)
October 13th 2nd Dr’s appointment (sonogram to check for egg growth – big fat nothing! Bloodwork)
October 16th 3rd Dr’s appointment (sonogram to check for egg growth – big fat nothing! Bloodwork)
Nurse called and said to up my dose of the Follistim shot from 75 to 125 in hopes that will kick my eggs into growing gear.

Next appointment Sunday morning October 19th to see if the increase of meds is working! Keep your fingers crossed for us!

1 comment:

Sugar Momma said...

Oh Heather...I hope it is your turn!! I pray it is your turn! C'mon eggs....GROW!! Love you guys! :o)