First let me apologize for well overdue update. My mind has been all over the place lately and I keep forgetting to update! So we found out that we are having two…………BOYS!!! Matt and I are both so excited! Now we can start picking out names and designing the nursery. I promise to start blogging more often and including weekly “Pregnancy Highlights” from now on!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 18 Weeks
What’s going on with the babies: Your baby is about 5 to 5 1/2 inches long from top to tail and weighs a little more than five ounces, about the size of a lobster tail. While in earlier weeks, your baby may have been able to sense sound with his primitive ear structures, this week, the bones of the ear become fully formed along with the part of his brain that processes signals from his ears. There's still plenty of room in your uterus, so your fetus can be quite active with his new muscles. He may change positions frequently, cross his legs, recline, suck his thumb, and turn somersaults. His retinas have become light sensitive, and your baby may be able to detect a glow if you shine bright lights at your belly (even though his eyelids are sealed).
What’s going on with Mom: I finally started to get my energy back but heartburn and indigestion have taken over. I haven’t been able to sleep at night and I’m currently trying every remedy in the book. I can feel the little beans moving throughout the day and they are most active when I lay down and just after I eat! I’m REALLY showing now and complete strangers have started to ask me when I’m due. So far the biggest craving I have had is chips and queso and the only thing I haven’t been able to eat is pizza and meat.
What’s going on with Dad: Matt has started to talk to my belly every night! He asks me every day if I felt the babies move and when. He is very protective and always making sure that I don’t overdo it. Lately he has been talking a lot about names.
There you have it. 18 weeks and growing!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment