Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 19 Weeks
What’s going on with the babies: This week your baby starts bulking up and packing on the grossly named "brown fat" he'll need to keep warm when he gets evicted from his comfortable uterine home. Other highlights this week:
Vernix, a milky white coating that protects your baby's skin, appears all over your baby's body to keep his skin from getting pickled in the amniotic fluid. Think of it as if your baby has been dipped in yogurt, like those delicious but fake-healthy yogurt-covered raisins and pretzels. Ooh, we feel another craving comin' on. ... Under the vernix, a fuzzy layer of hair called lanugo now covers baby's body. Don't worry, your Mini won't look like Cousin It when he's born. Most of the fuzz will fall off before baby makes his grand entrance. Good news: Your baby's kidneys are fully functioning and producing urine this week. Bad news: That means there will be lots of diapers in your future. But so far you're safe—at the moment the pee just passes into the amniotic fluid. He now weighs about 8½ ounces and measures 6 inches, as long as a turkey sub from Subway on warm, delicious Italian Herbs and Cheese bread (or Honey Oat bread, or Oregano bread or ...)
What’s going on with Mom: I have REALLY been able to feel the babies moving all the time! It is the greatest feeling and has made everything feel a little more REAL. I'm really looking forward to our 20 week appointment next Thursday! I think this will be a BIG ultrasound and I hope to have some great pictures to post! I have started to crave milk and I have to have a glass every night before bed. Matt and I have started to talk about nursery decor and I can't wait to start decorating!
What’s going on with Dad: Matt has been very sweet lately and if there is anything I want, all I have to say is "the babies want it" and I get it right away! He always says "ANYTHING for my babies" :0)



No comments:
Post a Comment