Monday, December 6, 2010

24 WEEKS!!!

Hi. I'm still here. Sorry for the long silence, but I've been struggling with what to write about without sounding ungrateful or being hurtful to my blog friends still struggling to conceive. Things have been chugging along. I've gained 25 lbs now (eek) and my belly is measuring well ahead of my 24 weeks at almost 30 weeks! Both beans are super active, kicking, punching, swimming....whatever they're doing in there....and I love it. The other day I was in a meeting and the beans where kicking up a storm and I felt like my heart might explode. I sat there with six male engineers with the dreamiest grin on my face just so excited to feel my little guys.


I went to the doctor on Wednesday for a regular check-up with my OB's office. My Doctor had a delivery so I had a nice long 2 hour stay in the waiting room before getting to see her. Everything is good. Weight on track, BP low, etc. etc. She did the usual manual cervical check and pronounced my cervix "WONDERFUL". She also did a swab test that they use to see if there is any way that I could go into labor in the next two weeks. As long as it comes back negative, which it did, we are good to go for at least the next two weeks. So I go back in two more weeks for a sono and to do my 1 hour Gestational Diabetes Screening. My Doctor said because of my PCOS (the cysts that affect insulin) I have a very high chance of failing the first test :0( If I do fail I will have to repeat it all for a 3 hour test. So a few extra prayers for a “normal” test result would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

the mohr the merrier said...

I think it's safe to start calling them bean burritos now! They are getting huge! Love you! :)

Sugar Momma said...

Heather,

I think it is safe to say you can gush, you can go on and on and on about those two precious babies you are carrying. You could talk about them everyday on your blog and I don't think anyone who reads it would be disappointed. I think even though you may think it could be hurtful, your story is a success...through years of waiting and wondering when you will be next...it is the miracle of a two babies...celebrate it. It gives others hope! Do not cheat yourself out of bursting at the seams when you feel like it. Those who know you know that you are not boastful :) Girl, the Lord did an amazing, awesome miracle in you and through you...you deserve to document your feelings...and we nosey people like to know what is up with our favorite incubator too :) Love you...all 3 of you!! Well, shucks, I better say all 4 of you so Matt doesn't get all jealous..hahaha! :) Grow babies grow :)