Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Who Shot My Stork???

Did you know that the progress of a pregnancy is calculated from the date of your last menstrual period? So, when you find out that you're pregnant, you are probably already at least 4 weeks along.

Before I started trying to get pregnant, I had no idea that you could literally only get pregnant on a handful of days each month. I don't know about you, but I was under the impression that Matt and I could let God know that we are ready then he would send the stork to fly over our house at any moment, and POOF! A BAY-BEE! And if I didn't want to get pregnant? Well, I better not so much as spoon, because it could happen by accident! Through the fabric if I wasn't careful!

So it should come as no surprise that, even before the big official O-day is here, I know exactly what my due date could be if in fact the stork does indeed fly over my house this month and POOF! BAY-BEE. In my perfect case scenario, with cycle day 1 (first day of last period) being May 9th...I could be 10 days pregnant today. That would also make my due date February 15, 2009 just incase you where wondering…

Do you think that explains why I HAD TO HAVE ice-cream last night? I totally think it's a symptom of my 10 day old possible pregnancy.

I always feel like I shouldn't, but I can't resist! I need to know when I'll be due if I get pregnant in a given month! I must know when I will hear the heartbeat, or when we'd find out the sex (and can commence shopping), or when I could maybe start maternity leave...and I have to admit, sometimes I stare at the calendar and count my cycle days over and over, like some sort of infertility Rain Man. Yes I am a crazy person!

1 comment:

Sugar Momma said...

Heather...

The 15th sounds like a great day to have a baby...."Faith's" Birthday is the 15th of Feb...hmmmm...

Praying for you guys