Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Me? I'm PUPO!

PUPO = Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise
Me = PUPO

We did our first IUI this past Friday. It was pretty painless other then the waiting and waiting and waiting!!! The Doctor had to come all the way from the Arlington Clinic (ours is in Las Colinas) and I guess he got stuck in traffic or something because Matt and I were both stuck in the exam room for over an hour. Just imagine sitting there on the little exam table with your little sheet to cover up with while your not so patient Husband sits next to you holding a test tube full of his little soldiers. Yes, the nurse gave Matt the oh-so important job of keeping the little guys (or girls!) warm. This was a task that he took very seriously! So while we were waiting we had plenty of time to drive or selves’ nuts with lots of crazy thoughts like…How sure are we that they didn’t mix up the test tubes?? Well the doctor FINALLY got there and every thing went really well. Matt was sooooo… excited to find out that his sperm count was a whopping 42 million that he couldn’t wait to call everyone he knows to brag!

The worst part was after the procedure when the doctor tilted the exam chair backwards so that we could “let gravity do its work” This is not a good position to be in while your Husband has full access to all the controls of the chair. I was laying there like a good little infertile girl trying my hardest to keep all the little soldiers in while Matt was having the best time playing with the controls moving me up and down. Just as I was starting to worry that all of the sperm will be so dizzy that they will never find their way to the egg I was saved by the nurse!

So now we wait. Its two weeks from Friday that we can officially take a test. I myself have no self control so I know I will not make it that long before I have a POS (Pee on a Stick) break down.

1 comment:

Ava and Lauren said...

HAHAHA!!! Jamie did the same thing with me on that very same chair! What is it with men and the need for controls? He also did that at the OB's office, but the controls weren't electric, so the chair came crashing down for the WHOLE office to hear. HAHAHA!!!MEN!